“Emergency” in the news
|state of emergency|
Publications and example sentences
· Man, 42, charged after police standoff in Brisbane's north →
An emergency declaration was made at 6am.
· Why are you rallying for George Floyd? →
Ducey issued a declaration of emergency that includes an 8 p.m. curfew, effective Sunday night and into the week, according to the governor's Twitter account.
· Curfews continue across the country as cities expect more protests →
The city advised residents to stay inside except those going to and from work and anyone seeking or giving emergency care, Mayor Eric Garcetti said on Twitter.
The Wall Street Journal
· The Roberts Rule on Churches →
A 5-4 Court majority rejected an emergency appeal by San Diego’s South Bay United Pentecostal Church challenging the state’s limits on attendance at places of worship to 25% of building capacity or 100 people, whichever is lower.
· Into Delivering an Election →
Lee: President Trump has also been demanding that the postal service make some changes like raising its prices before signing off on any emergency loans.
· US sends 2 million doses of unproven virus drug to Brazil →
HCQ has been granted an emergency use authorization for COVID-19 in the US for patients under close heart monitoring.
· Lawmakers say Trump's comments worsening a bad situation →
The city advised all residents to stay inside except those going to and from work and anyone seeking or giving emergency care, according to Mayor Eric Garcetti's official Twitter account.