|positron emission tomography||陽電子放出断層撮影|
· U.S. court rules Volkswagen cannot escape penalty in diesel lawsuits →
The ruling was a victory for Utah's Salt Lake County and Florida's Hillsborough County, which had sued VW for causing excess diesel emissions harmful to the environment and could in theory seek billions of dollars in damages.
· Australian beach life at risk as environment drops down agenda →
As a result of COVID-19, the 2020 UN Climate Summit has already been cancelled, while US President Donald Trump has taken the opportunity to complete his rollbacks of emission regulations despite research indicating a correlation between air pollution and coronavirus deaths.
· Climate crisis: 200 top UK businesses call on Boris Johnson for green recovery plan from coronavirus pandemic →
Firms put pressure on British government to meet own climate targets including hitting net zero emissions by 2050
The New York Times
· U.S. Ruling Could Mean a Flood of New Claims Against Volkswagen →
Volkswagen, the German automaker that admitted to a decade-long scheme to cheat on diesel emissions tests in the United States and elsewhere, could face a “staggering” volume of claims from local governments after a federal appeals court ruled on Monday that counties in Florida and in Utah could impose local pollution laws on the manufacturer.
· Trump demands protest crackdown, Facebook staff rebel, 'fan in the stand' furore →
Read about the history of Wrapped Coast – one million square feet which profoundly influenced the course of contemporary art in Australia.Yes, Australia’s carbon emissions are falling – but it’s a hollow boast, writes Greg Jericho.
· US court refuses to shield Volkswagen in diesel scandal lawsuits →
The counties sued VW for causing excess diesel emissions harmful to the environment and could in theory seek billions of dollars in damages.
· EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG) CEO Bill Thomas Presents at AllianceBernstein Strategic Decisions Conference (Transcript) →
And as EOG is I think emerge as one of the more proactive ESG companies in the business, we're really focused on coming up with innovative ideas, creative ideas and cost effective return focused ideas that can continue to reduce, substantially reduce our emissions going forward.
· Axalta launches new industrial powder coating product collection in Mexico →
Alesta BE+ does not generate emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC), requires less time to cure, and uses less energy, which increases productivity while lowering production costs for customers.
· Equinor: From Norway Comes An Opportunistic Long-Term Holding →
The electricity supplied here is expected to provide the equivalent CO2 emission reductions of 100 thousand cars, while providing support to Equinor's various offshore drilling programs and the electricity they require.
· Yes, Australia's emissions are falling – but it's a hollow boast →
The latest greenhouse gas emissions data released on Friday were a mixture of some good news combined with the sorrow of how far we have to go and how much time we have wasted.