“Employee” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Sainsbury's and Waitrose make urgent food recall over health fears - return these products →
DON'T MISSVolvo issue safety recall on 160,000 UK cars [WARNING] Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's issue urgent recall warning [VOMIT FEARS] Subway voucher deals: Employee explains how to claim free food [TRICK]
The China Post
· No longer Dana White’s dream, UFC’s Fight Island is real →
He has no more than 20 to 24 athletes in his shows, which are individual events largely run by a well-trained, veteran group of employees.
· Calls to 'respect media freedom' as five Australian journalists investigated →
An employee of Al Jazeera Arabic language TV news channel walks past the broadcaster's logo in Doha, Qatar.Credit:AP
· Takeaways: Paycheck Protection loans and the Catholic Church →
Congress created the program to help smaller businesses and nonprofit groups -- generally those with fewer than 500 employees -- keep their workers on the payroll.
· Naya Rivera missing: ‘Little to no evidence’ that feared dead Glee star made it back to shore →
Officials told NBC Los Angeles that he was sleeping when employees at Lake Piru found him.
· Tax rises warning: Brits told to brace for crippling rises to pay for coronavirus bailout →
Mr Johnson said the job retention bonus, which will give £1,000 to firms for each furloughed employee back in employment at the end of January and could cost up to £9 billion, may be too widely targeted.
· UFC 251: 'Beautiful, surreal, insane' - what's Fight Island really like? →
Over 2,500 UFC personnel and Yas Island employees will stay within the zone, with all local staff having been in quarantine for 14 days and had three negative tests.
· Disney World set to reopen at weekend despite coronavirus surge in Florida →
Unlike Disneyland in California, whose planned reopening this month was delayed by a resurgence of the virus there and a backlash from employees, managers of Disney World plowed ahead with an aggressive reopening schedule.
· Lowe's Vs. Home Depot: A Successful Duopoly →
Home Depot (HD) is the world’s leader in retail hardware with 400,000 employees, 2291 big-box stores, $112 billion in revenues and $11 billion in trailing 12-month earnings.
The China Post
· AP: After lobbying, Catholic Church won $1.4B in virus aid →
Without this preferential treatment, many Catholic dioceses would have been ineligible because — between their head offices, parishes and other affiliates — their employees exceed the 500-person cap.