The New York Times
· Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. Sends Two Million Hydroxychloroquine Doses to Brazil →
Then early on Friday, the working-class neighborhood where Mr. Mills has cut hair for 12 years went up in flames as chaotic protests over the death of George Floyd and police killings of African-Americans engulfed Minneapolis and cities across the country.
The Japan Times
· Protests flare again in U.S. amid calls to end police violence →
“It only hurts the cause,” said Danielle Outlaw, head of the police force in Philadelphia, where more than 200 people were arrested as fires and looting engulfed the heart of the city.
The New York Times
· Symbol of N.Y.C. Unrest: A Burning Police Car →
Soon, images and videos of the vehicle, with windows broken and engulfed in red flames, spread across social media during the first night of protests in New York City following the death of George Floyd, a Minnesota man who died on May 25 after a Minneapolis police officer pinned him down by his neck for several minutes.
· Crude prices fall on concerns of US riots, even as OPEC meeting advanced →
Riots over the weekend engulfed major US cities on Saturday night, and more violence was feared Sunday over the death of George Floyd in police custody.
· 'Deeply saddened and plain angry': Jordan speaks out amid US unrest →
Michael Jordan, pictured here at a memorial for Kobe Bryant in February, has spoken out as protests engulf major US cities.Credit:Getty
· Mayor Bill de Blasio’s defense of the NYPD’s handling of protests revives old tensions →
Protests over the police killing of George Floyd, an unarmed black man, engulfed New York City for another night on Saturday, and some turned in violent, with reports of both protester and police aggression.
· ASX tipped to stumble as global tensions linger →
A risk-off skew in FX markets points to some nervousness amongst traders, quite possibly partially due to the civil unrest engulfing parts of the United States over the weekend.
· Biden visits site of Delaware protests against police brutality →
Go deeper: Joe Biden issues late-night statement as American cities engulfed by violence
· George Floyd riots LIVE updates: Minneapolis National Guard deployed as police officer charged with murder →
Good morning, and welcome to our live blog of the US riots, which have so far engulfed more than 30 cities across the United States.