“Entrepreneur” in the news
|entrepreneur and philanthropist|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Richard Branson retains control of Virgin Atlantic in $2.2b rescue →
Branson, a 30-something music entrepreneur at the time, started Virgin Atlantic after a trip to the Caribbean on a commercial airliner was cancelled at the last minute.
· The Trump administration just backed down on its attempt to kick out foreign students →
Post-graduation, many international students become entrepreneurs or pursue careers in fields requiring specialized skills, particularly in STEM fields where there are well-documented labor shortages.
· Verastem: A Growth Story In The Biotechnology Sector →
Verastem was founded in 2010 by entrepreneur Christoph Westphal and venture capitalist Michelle Dipp.
The New York Times
· Jay Riffe, Spearfishing King, Is Dead at 82 →
Mr. Riffe, a celebrated California speargun designer, entrepreneur and pioneer of tankless hunting and diving, was about 10 years old, stalking lobster and sea bass in 70-degree Pacific waters while wearing a sweatshirt, gardening gloves and boxer trunks.
· Investors are browsing for Chromium startups →
Whether that perceived user is prioritizing improved speed, organization or toolsets aligned with their workflow, entrepreneurs are building these projects with the assumption that Google’s one-size-fits-all approach with Chrome leaves plenty of users with a suboptimal experience.
· How dairy cooperatives have showcased a model for realisation of Atmanirbhar Bharat in post-Covid-19 era →
A cluster-based approach scheme for micro food entrepreneurs with an outlay of Rs 10,000 crore announced by the finance minister would encourage small entrepreneurs to procure raw material from local resources and markets, fulfilling the ‘vocal for local’ objective.
· Outrage as five-year-old boy’s honesty box stolen →
After Mr Serrell posted the news, people have flocked to help the young entrepreneur.
· Joni Ernst unveils new child care proposal amid tough re-election battle →
Finally, Biden will discuss an economic agenda focused on closing racial wealth gaps and expanding affordable housing, investing in minority entrepreneurs, and advancing policing and criminal justice reform.
· Belarus bans two opposition candidates from running in elections →
Belarus’s elections commissions disbarred Viktor Babariko, an outspoken ex-banker, and Valery Tsepkalo, an entrepreneur and former diplomat, from the elections despite both having collected more than 100,000 signatures in a boisterous pre-election campaign.