“Envoy” in the news
|sent an envoy|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Elliott Abrams to replace Brian Hook as Trump's Iran envoy →
President Trump's Iran envoy, Brian Hook, is stepping down and will be replaced by Elliott Abrams, a noted Iran hawk who currently serves as Trump's envoy for Venezuela, the New York Times reports.
The New York Times
· Iran Envoy Brian Hook, a ‘Survivor’ on Trump’s Team, to Quit →
The exit of Brian Hook, the State Department’s special envoy for Iran, most likely rules out nuclear diplomacy with Tehran before November.
· Dozens feared dead after boat capsizes off Mauritania coast →
Refugee Agency Special Envoy for the Central Mediterranean Vincent Cochetel said on Twitter Thursday.
· Dozens feared drowned after migrant boat sinks off Mauritania →
In a tweet, the UN refugee agency's special envoy for the central Mediterranean, Vincent Cochetel, said one person from the West African state of Guinea had survived.
· Coronavirus: Britain is 'moving ahead' of COVID-19 as UK makes progress in virus battle →
The WHO Special Envoy stated that the coronavirus will remain a constant threat but that progress is being made in limiting its impact on society.
· WW3 fears: US pressures UN to extend Iran nuclear ban or face shocking consequences →
Brian Hook, US/Iran envoy, told the Aspen Security Forum that the embargo is necessary to prevent a “breakout” of conflict from Iran.
· (EDITORIAL from Korea Herald on Aug. 6) →
Tokyo has warned that the move would prompt it to take retaliatory measures, which observers say could include toughening requirements for visa issuance to Koreans, recalling the Japanese envoy to Seoul and imposing additional tariffs on imports from Korea.
· Nicaragua archbishop rejects that chapel fire was accidental →
Pope Francis prayed for Nicaragua on Sunday and his top diplomatic envoy to Nicaragua, Nuncio Waldemar Sommertag, said Monday that he had asked the government for a “serious, careful and transparent” investigation.
· U.S. is ready to negotiate N. Korea's denuclearization: U.S. envoy →
2 U.S. envoy for North Korea said Wednesday.