· Centre, Maharashtra spar over Shramik Specials ‘going empty’ →
Tensions have escalated between the Centre and Maharashtra government over Shramik Special trainswith railways minister Piyush Goyal calling for better planning and management of demand for the trains, many of which, according to him, are forced to go empty for lack of passengers.
· In a first, Twitter labels Trump's tweets with a fact-check →
The move, which escalates tensions between Washington and Silicon Valley in an election year, was made in response to two Trump tweets over the past 24 hours.
The New York Times
· Twitter Grapples Anew With Its Trump Conundrum →
If Twitter deleted his tweets, it would escalate accusations from conservative politicians that it censors their political views.
· Deep ocean will be warming rapidly by 2050 even if global emissions decline →
'Marine life in the deep ocean will face escalating threats from ocean warming until the end of the century, no matter what we do now,' said one researcher
· Autozone's (AZO) CEO Bill Rhodes on Q3 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Will they escalate as we begin to reopen the economy?
The New York Times
· Visit These Science-Fiction Worlds to Make Sense of Our Own →
Over the course of the novellas, Murderbot protected wayward human clients from steadily escalating danger, became sentient, ran away from the people it cared most about in order to better understand its past and present, and returned to them after a dramatic final confrontation with an especially evil corporation.
· Robert Frank’s radical idea →
The rates would start out low or even zero, then it would escalate much more sharply into a much higher level than under the current income tax.
· How Trump’s business partner exhumed graves to build a mega-resort in Indonesia →
But the small legal collective has been hesitant to escalate the situation in the courts because of the company’s vastly superior resources, says Anggi Triana Ismail, one of the lawyers representing the village.
· Mutual Funds: Invested in credit risk funds? Shift to safer banking and PSU funds →
To meet high redemptions, fund managers are forced to liquidate the higher-rated (safer) instruments, leading to a rise in percentage exposure to lower-rated instruments which are typically illiquid, further escalating the liquidity crunch.
· Hope Springs Eternal →
As such, I'm not going to be surprised if the rhetoric and threats escalate again.