|able to escape||逃げることができる|
|managed to escape||逃げることができた|
|manages to escape||なんとか逃げる|
|trying to escape||逃げようとしている|
· “We are correcting the erasure of black lives”: What On the Record’s subjects say about Me Too →
There will be some protection for people that we didn’t have, because we were forced to be in an office environment that was highly sexualized, with nowhere to escape.
The New York Times
· How to Use Zoom Like a Theater or Film Professional →
But what if you need a set with drama, or simply want to enjoy the nice weather and take a call on your porch or fire escape?
The Wall Street Journal
· The Best James Bond Book For Summer—Especially This Summer →
For readers, escape is guaranteed: author Ian Fleming’s 1957 page-turner veers from wondrous to ghastly in a sentence.
· Yemen: Saudi-led coalition says downed Houthi drone over Najran →
A number of those fleeing, including women and children, escaped on foot, walking for days without food or water across open desert, according to a recent statement by the United Nations refugee agency.
· To the Stars review – a charmingly old-fashioned tale of teen entanglements →
With her sensuous physicality and imaginative mind, Maggie bamboozles the local popular girls with a semi-credible line of BS about her father being a magazine photojournalist in town for a story about rural poverty, when really the family moved there to escape some vague scandal created by Maggie getting caught losing her virginity to a boy.
· Romina Ashrafi: 'Honour killing' sparks outcry in Iran →
Five days later, after she escaped, they were found by authorities and Ashrafi reportedly told the police she feared a violent reaction from her father.
· Baffert horses in new doping case: Reports →
Justify escaped sanction for that case after California authorities ruled that positive test could have been the result of contaminated food.
The New York Times
· Serial Rapist Jumps Off Cliff While Running From Police and Breaks Ribs →
THESSALONIKI, Greece — A twice-convicted serial rapist who was wanted by the police over a new rape accusation jumped off a cliff on the island of Corfu this weekend to escape capture but ended up breaking several bones, the authorities said.