“Estimate” in the news
|difficult to estimate|
|used to estimate|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Washington state town prints local currency for coronavirus relief →
Now read: Natural gas inventory build in-line with estimates »
· Loan Mix Keeps Territorial Bancorp's Risk Relatively Low →
The following table shows my estimates for loans and other balance sheet items.
· Rolls-Royce Experiences a Unique Kind of Hell →
Rolls-Royce’s net indebtedness could rise to as much as 16.6 billion pounds, according to an estimate from JPMorgan analyst David Perry that preceded Thursday’s trading update.
· China Tech Roller Coaster Is Just Starting Its Climb →
Facing a coronavirus-battered economy, Beijing is speeding up an infrastructure build-out to stimulate growth, vowing to spend an estimated $1.4 trillion over five years on areas such as 5G, industrial automation and cybersecurity.
· Elijah Wood says title of Amazon’s Lord of the Rings series is ‘slightly misleading’ →
Estimated to be costing Amazon $1bn, the TV series will take place in a different time to Peter Jackson’s movie franchise, after JRR Tolkien’s estate banned the studios from altering or replicating stories already told in the films.
· Orchid Island Capital Has Short-Term Risks Due To Slowing Stimulus →
It is also likely trading below its net asset value, which the company recently estimated to be between $5.3 and $5.4 per share (over 25% above its current price).
· Naya Rivera missing: ‘Little to no evidence’ that feared dead Glee star made it back to shore →
In this area, the water is estimated to be 30 feet deep with 15 feet visibility.
· Lowe's Vs. Home Depot: A Successful Duopoly →
Any and all opinions, estimates, and conclusions are based on the author's best judgment at the time of publication, and are subject to change without notice.
The China Post
· AP: After lobbying, Catholic Church won $1.4B in virus aid →
In Orange County, California, where a sparkling glass cathedral estimated to cost over $70 million recently opened, diocesan officials working at the complex received four loans worth at least $3 million.
· British Steel made with Russian coal leaves North East miners jobless →
It’s been estimated that transporting 6.8 million tonnes of coal to the UK creates 408,000 tonnes of CO2—the same as 186 jumbo jets permanently circling the globe.