|difficult to estimate||推定が難しい|
|used to estimate||推定に使用|
· ICMR asks states to do sero-survey in high-risk populations to assess exposure to COVID-19 →
The ICMR is simultaneously is conducting a sero-survey to estimate the prevalence of community transmission of the infection among the Indian population.
· Biogen: Strong Current Cash Flow, Exciting Growth Opportunities →
We expect significant growth in Spinraza sales with peak sales estimated at $2.5 billion and a 2030 patent expiration.
· Animals suffered in laboratories as experimenters broke rules in cases of ‘neglect and incompetence’ →
The water to 480 birds was twice turned off in one lab for an estimated 48 hours.
The New York Times
· The Rich Love India’s Lockdown. For the Poor It’s Another Story. →
Estimates show the lockdown is pushing tens of millions of Indians below the poverty line.
· Reopening Revival? REITs And Homebuilders Add To Rally →
Consistent with the trends that we discussed last week in Signs of V-Shaped Housing Recovery, New Home Sales data released on Tuesday by the U.S. Census Bureau crushed expectations, rising by 0.6% in April to a 619k annualized rate versus consensus estimates of a sharp plunge to 495k.
· Coronavirus will be catastrophic to Africa’s most vulnerable nations – we cannot leave these people behind →
The World Food Programme estimates that 265 million people could be “pushed to the brink of starvation by the end of this year.”
· Bring on the CoronaCorps →
This and other costs would require an estimated additional investment of $7 billion a year.
· Kylie Jenner says Forbes controversy over her billionaire status is ‘literally the last thing’ she’s worried about →
The report states: “The business was never that big to begin with, and the Jenners have lied about it every year since 2016—including having their accountant draft tax returns with false numbers—to help juice Forbes’ estimates of Kylie’s earnings and net worth.”
The New York Times
· Live SpaceX NASA Launch Updates →
Peter Cranis, the executive director of the Space Coast Office of Tourism, which made that estimate, said he’s expecting another few hundred thousand viewers this weekend.
· When someone is murdered, what happens to their children? →
Lesley Podesta, chief executive of the Alannah and Madeline Foundation, estimates that each year there are about 50 children whose parents are murdered.