|during the evacuation||避難中|
· India's Foreign Ministry asks some officials to quarantine after two positive for virus →
The ministry is involved in many of India’s critical coronavirus relief efforts, especially those relating to the evacuation of Indian citizens stranded overseas.
· George Floyd killing: what sparked the protests and what has the response been? →
The city ordered the evacuation of the building amid unconfirmed reports that explosives were in the building.
The New York Times
· George Floyd Protests in Minneapolis: Live Updates →
The protests have spread across the state, leading to the evacuation on Thursday afternoon of lawmakers and employees from the State Capitol in St. Paul as a precaution.
· ‘That’s just what we want’: Trump reacts to news that up to six hurricanes could lash US this season →
Vice President Mike Pence added on Thursday that “there will be different challenges now,” because existing hurricane evacuation procedures appeared to contradict social distancing and stay-at-home advice.
The Japan Times
· Japan’s disaster plan revised in light of coronavirus and typhoons →
Since increasing the number of evacuation centers is effective in preventing overcrowding, municipal and other governments should consider using hotels and inns if they do not have enough public facilities to use as shelters, the revised plan says.
· In Senegal, the struggles of a small airline during coronavirus →
All international flights to and from Senegal have been suspended since March 20 -- the exceptions being for a handful of medical evacuations and repatriation flights, as well as for maintenance flights.
· The Atlantic Day: America’s Racial Contract Is Exposed Anew →
Some ways to do that: Make an evacuation plan and keep a hard copy of it; read your state’s disaster survival guides; stock up on a few weeks’ worth of supplies if you can.
· Battling Covid-19: India acted as pharmacy of the world in response to coronavirus, says MEA →
Bhattacharyya said these exchanges have also helped shape informed and coordinated responses to the coronavirus pandemic, such as evacuation of stranded nationals from each other’s territories; maintenance of critical supplies of life-saving medicines and food; extension and facilitation of visas for each other’s nationals; and sharing of best practices by partner countries.
· IAF chief exclusive: Rafales arriving July-end; Air Force prepared to counter any threat including two-front war →
We also carried out the evacuation of citizens from abroad and supplied medical aid to friendly countries.
· California readies for 'realistic' nightmare — raging wildfires during a pandemic →
One nightmare sequence of events could have California hospitals filled with patients from a resurgent coronavirus while a wildfire in the north forces the evacuation of tens of thousands of residents and blankets vast areas in smoke — potentially making people more susceptible to the respiratory symptoms of COVID-19.