“Even” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Vicor Is A Coronavirus Resilient Growth Pick For 2020 →
The need for energy efficiency has become even more urgent, as data centers struggle to control expenses as they scale up rapidly to grab market share.
· American International Group Inc (AIG) Presents at Deutsche Bank Global Financial Services Conference (Transcript) →
Even with all the uncertainty going on at this time.
· Mediaset SpA And KKR & Co. Inc. Might Partner To Acquire ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE →
Even more so if it was combined with Mediaset.
The New York Times
· Mark Morris Gives Video Dances a Whirl →
On Thursday, the situation was different: He appeared on a screen sporting a white beard and looking (even sounding) like a dapper Wizard of Oz: “Hello,” he said.
The New York Times
· A Trump vs. Twitter Week →
My colleague Dai Wakabayashi wrote that this was another reminder of the divide between Google’s 120,000 full-time employees and its even larger shadow work force of contractors.
· Chancellor takes a softly-softly approach to easing Covid-19 crisis support →
Instead, companies that are only slowly returning to normal will be be given the flexibility to allow furloughed employees to come back to work, even if it is for just one day a week or a few hours a day.
· Longer lines for rides, and no parade: Theme parks to open, but will visitors return? →
One flashpoint has been the topic of masks, with even President Donald Trump refusing to wear one in front of the news media.
· French health workers angry as reforms threaten famous 35-hour working week →
Even before the Covid-19 crisis, many argued that funding for France’s cherished state health service had not risen enough to deal with an ageing population and increasingly expensive treatments.
· Scientists are raising questions about a new study suggesting hydroxychloroquine is deadly →
But the new, fast scientific process (and even the old, slow scientific process) can produce errors — sometimes significant ones — to make it through peer review.
· Zagg's (ZAGG) CEO Chris Ahern on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Even with the gross margin headwinds we were facing for higher tariffs that went into effect in late 2019, we had a good line of sight in delivering a meaningful improvement in adjusted EBITDA compared to the first quarter last year.