|forced into exile||追放された|
|government in exile||亡命中の政府|
|living in exile||亡命中の生活|
|sent into exile||亡命中|
|went into exile||亡命した|
· 'Saudi game of thrones': Pressure grows to release jailed prince →
Aljabri, exiled in Canada, earlier attempted to get his children to leave Saudi Arabia but authorities had placed them under a travel ban, the source told AFP.
· Minneapolis protestor condemns "opportunistic" rioters on CNN →
The backdrop: The protestor said he was an immigrant from Liberia, a country originally established in 1821 by the American Colonization Society — which included future presidents James Monroe and Andrew Jackson among its members — as a colony to exile free black Americans to Africa.
· Wars without end: why is there no peaceful solution to so much global conflict? →
The impasse owes much to the fact the main protagonists – the Yemeni government, led by exiled president Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi, and the Houthi rebel movement, which represents Yemen’s Zaidi Shia minority – are backed by regional rivals Saudi Arabia and Iran respectively.
The New York Times
· ‘Another Customer Was Appalled to Witness Such Blatant Favoritism’ →
I stared at the dethroned king, exiled thousands of miles from home and gasping in a rusty pail.
· The Chiffon Trenches by André Leon Talley review – the emperor strikes back →
What it comes down to (I think) is the fact that she did not tell him personally that his time at Vogue was up; that he had to hear from others of his exile to the fashion equivalent of Siberia.
The China Post
· AP Explains: What’s behind latest India-China border tension →
Relations are also strained by India’s hosting of the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, who fled his homeland in 1959 during an aborted uprising against Chinese rule.
Hong Kong Free Press
· ‘Terrorism’ is an excuse – nothing that has happened in Hong Kong can affect China’s national security →
In return for snuffing out a non-existent security threat and adding a mere pimple to the swathe of territory where Winnie the Pooh is a subversive topic, China will supply the capital of all the nice countries in the world with a community of embittered Hong Kong exiles eager to tell anyone who will listen that anything said by or on behalf of China will be a load of lies.
· Sydney Symphony Orchestra granted $10m to stay afloat – pre-pandemic →
Sydney Symphony Orchestra has been promised $10 million by the Berejiklian government to keep it afloat during its two-year exile from the Sydney Opera House.