“Expand” in the news
|began to expand|
|continued to expand|
|decided to expand|
|order to expand|
|plans to expand|
Publications and example sentences
· Australia set to be part of Trump's G7 expansion →
The move to expand the G7 but exclude China will also be seen as an attempt to sideline Beijing at a time when countries want it to fully cooperate with the review, which was established by a World Health Assembly motion in May.
· 'It will not scare Hong Kong': China hits back at Trump threat →
Countries including the United States, Canada and Britain have expressed deep concerns about the law, with Britain saying it may grant expanded visa rights to large numbers of Hong Kongers.
· It's what people turn to': Lauren Laverne, Iain Dale and others on why radio is thriving in lockdown →
Special shows popped up: comedy slots on UnionJACK, an altered Drive on 5Live; Fun Kids expanded its home school offering.
The China Post
· National Guard called in to quell violence in Los Angeles →
But he quickly expanded it to the entirety of the city as the violence focused on an area about 6 miles (10 kilometers) to the west.
· Samsung considering expanding online recruitment process →
SEOUL, May 31 (Yonhap) -- Samsung Group, South Korea's top conglomerate, said Sunday it is considering expanding its remote hiring process after wrapping up its first-ever online recruitment exam amid the coronavirus pandemic.
· Australia would welcome official invitation to G7, says gov’t spokesman →
US President Donald Trump said he would postpone a G7 summit he had hoped to hold next month until September or later and expand the list of invitees to include Australia, Russia, South Korea and India.
· No imminent plan for another state of emergency for Tokyo, Fukuoka: minister →
In Tokyo, the number of new daily cases had fallen to single digits earlier in the month after peaking at over 200 in mid-April but started to creep up from Tuesday, the day after the government fully lifted the state of emergency, initially declared for the capital and six other densely populated prefectures on April 7 and later expanded to the entire country.
· Wars without end: why is there no peaceful solution to so much global conflict? →
But it quickly expanded into a “regime change” operation tasked with eliminating the Taliban and creating a functioning, democratic state.
· Will investing in our newfound sense of community bring returns? →
The company’s aim is that by the end of 2021 it will have increased its Exeter car fleet from 30 to at least 55, and expanded its bike network to a minimum of 150 bikes.
· Weekly Commentary: The Scourge Of 'Whatever It Takes' Monetary Mismanagement →
Federal Reserve Credit last week expanded $137.5bn to a record $7.060 TN, with a 38-week gain of $3.338 TN.