|began to expand||拡大し始めた|
|continued to expand||拡大し続けた|
|decided to expand||拡大することを決めた|
|order to expand||拡大するために|
|plans to expand||拡大する予定|
· Donald Trump, Joe Biden win Louisiana’s presidential primary →
Voters had extra days of early voting and expanded mail-in balloting options because of the virus outbreak.
· Oilers' Mike Green Joins List of Players Opting Out of NHL Return →
In the aftermath of a deal being struck to resume the NHL season on Aug. 1, Green and Baertschi on Saturday joined Calgary defenseman Travis Hamonic among players choosing not to participate in the expanded 24-team playoffs.
· Singapore GE: Sengkang residents give reasons why they plumped for WP, including a better connection with its candidates →
Many residents contrasted this with how the WP team proposed expanding the cycling path networks during the constituency broadcast.
· U.N. Security Council approves limited humanitarian aid to Syria in contentious vote →
Russia and China, which had vetoed earlier resolutions for expanded aid and unsuccessfully proposed language critical of Western sanctions against the Syrian government, abstained in the final vote.
· What Will the Next Covid Stimulus Bill Look Like? →
Republicans are resisting an extension of the $600 expanded unemployment benefit implemented as part of the CARES Act in March, and the Trump administration has instead pushed a so-called “back-to-work bonus.”
The China Post
· Opinion | A tribute to the Boeing 747, the ‘Queen of Taiwan Sky’ →
By operating the “Queen of the Skies” from Taiwan to numerous destinations across the world, Taiwan’s international airlines were able to expand their route network rapidly and become major players in the aviation industry.
· Rides, slides and virus-risk traffic lights: New £37m theme park opens despite pandemic →
Eventually, a proposed phase two and three should see it expand to 250 acres with two hotels.
· NHL, players take collaborative approach in bid to resume →
“When we got to March 12 and decided to take the pause, that began a period of perhaps unprecedented collaboration and problem solving,” Bettman said during a Zoom conference call with reporters Saturday, a day after the league and players ratified a 24-team expanded playoff, set to begin Aug. 1, and a four-year extension of the collective bargaining agreement.
· The once-mocked ‘Never Trump’ movement becomes a sudden campaign force →
Advisers to the Lincoln Project, which they say has about 30 employees and raised $16.8 million this quarter, will soon expand to include ground operations.
· Commentary: Another Trump-Kim summit will achieve little yet again →
A future summit would need instead to prioritise small, workable deals, with the promise that they would cumulate and expand over time.