“Expression” in the news
|freedom of expression|
Publications and example sentences
Hong Kong Free Press
· Hong Kong’s debate on national anthem bill halted after democrat hurls decayed plant →
Critics have said it is a threat to freedom of expression in Hong Kong and amounts to an increasing encroachment by Beijing.
· (Movie Review) Suspenseful start undone by anticlimax ending in 'Intruder' →
The movie does a good job of contrasting between Seo-jin's skepticism and doubt over his sister and Yoo-jin's mysterious behavior and double-faced expressions during the first half of the film.
· Studies add to alarm over deforestation in Brazil under Bolsonaro →
Video of the meeting was released on Friday and showed the minister using an expression about cattle to push for “changing all the rules and simplifying norms”.
· How the free press worldwide is under threat →
In recent years, another way of silencing journalists has proliferated: the use of what are known as strategic lawsuits against public participation, or Slapps, where defamation or criminal lawsuits are brought with the intention of shutting down forms of expression such as peaceful protest or writing blogs.
· Ethiopia unlocks one of the world's last closed telecoms markets →
The Ethiopian Communications Authority, the regulator, has given firms until June 22 to submit expressions of interest for licences.
The New York Times
· How White Women Use Themselves as Instruments of Terror →
We often like to make white supremacy a testosterone-fueled masculine expression, but it is just as likely to wear heels as a hood.
· The Descartes Systems Group Inc. (DSGX) CEO Ed Ryan on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And we have a little expression around here that we said for years, as we recovered, 15, 20 years ago from the way the business was performing back then.
Hong Kong Free Press
· Hongkongers should stand with Malaysian student activist facing 2 years jail over protest →
The government must make good on its promises and reform legal provisions, including those in the Penal Code, that unjustifiably restrict freedom of expression.”
· HP Inc. (HPQ) CEO Enrique Lores on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And so the proverbial expression of if you liked it at 23, you must love it at 16 and change.
· Social media bias lawsuits keep failing in court →
In one very recent case, Twitter user Robert Wilson claimed he was banned for “freedom of speech and or heterosexual expressions” and sued for civil rights and First Amendment violations.