Eyebrow trong tin tức
Các ấn phẩm và câu ví dụ
· Dominic Cummings: The four most puzzling lines from aide’s statement →
Often a controversial figure, it was unsurprising that the key aide to the prime minister raised eyebrows with some of his statements during the conference.
· Premier League must finally share its riches to save English football →
Some sceptics raised eyebrows when the EFL chairman, Rick Parry, made his forthright arguments that football’s finances need a reset and described Premier League parachute payments as an “evil that must be eradicated”.
The New York Times
· He Died at War. The Pandemic Gave Me Time to Grieve. →
Diego’s daughter shares his facial expressions; a skeptical look with a raised eyebrow has his mark all over it.
· Australia coronavirus live: students return to school full time in many states as $50m NSW arts package announced – latest updates →
We hope our friends and partners and allies across the world, especially our Five Eyes partners like Australia, will do the same.”(Unfortunately the interviewer, Rowan Dean, did not follow up with a question to check the likelihood of the US “simply disconnecting” with Australia as Dean had to move on to his next question, which began with: “President Donald Trump - I love his tweets, they’re brilliant, great sense of humour...”)Pompeo’s comments raised eyebrows in Canberra because the Australian government has already blocked the Chinese-owned Huawei and ZTE from Australia’s 5G network in response to security advice – a decision, made in 2018 and backed by the US, that Beijing still cites as a source on ongoing diplomatic tension, as Amy reported earlier this year.The comments also raised questions in Victoria, given the state government’s agreement to explore areas of cooperation with China over infrastructure investment is in its early stages and no particular projects have been locked in.
· 'We argue for more every year': Why the Raiders can't get a fair crack on FTA →
When the revamped NRL draw was revealed last week, eyebrows were instantly raised over Canberra's lack of free-to-air television exposure.
· Lockdown reinforced the bond between my son and I when we needed it most →
Shaving his eyebrows off within three days of lockdown was never going to be a great look for my teenage son – even if only his mum and I were going to witness the outcome.
· Take a brow: strong eyes make all the difference →
Getting ready for an online meeting requires minimal makeup but excellent eyebrows
The New York Times
· A Hidden Origin Story of the CBD Craze →
“That raised a lot of eyebrows, including in McConnell’s office,” Eric Steenstra, a hemp lobbyist, told me.
· André Leon Talley: 'My story is a fairytale, and in every fairytale there is evil and darkness' →
“I would say, ‘Oh, who made that?’ and my eyebrows would raise to the ceiling, and there would be a silence.”) While other fashion journalists tend to speak in a tone of elegant boredom, Talley’s voice rang out at every show and party, swinging between a boom and a shriek.
· Bolsonaro's coronavirus response: A threat to Brazil's economy →
The coronavirus pandemic has not spared a single nation or economy, but the way some governments have handled the crisis has raised eyebrows.