“Face” in the news
|expected to face|
|face to face|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Nasa scientist tells how he was jailed for three years in Turkey over ‘garbage' terrorism claims →
Within a month, he was moved to solitary confinement and faced charges of overthrowing the government and the constitution, which carried a life sentence, and a charge of belonging to a terrorist organisation, which carried a 15-year sentence.
The New York Times
· Jose Morón, Whose Metal Creations Adorned Chicago, Dies at 54 →
This series is designed to put names and faces to the numbers.
· Somalia’s army chief survives bombing of his convoy; 1 dead →
The blast highlights challenges facing the government’s efforts to restore security in the long-chaotic nation in the Horn of Africa.
The China Post
· Time to make masks mandatory? It’s not just a US debate →
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson urged U.K. residents Monday to wear face coverings in shops and other tight indoor spaces — but stopped short of making it compulsory.
· McDonald's: Sustainable Value Creation →
The fast food industry faces many challenges related to fears of a second COVID-19 wave and higher demand for healthy food, however, McDonald's remains a good investment.
The New York Times
· $4 Million Homes for Sale in California →
The master bedroom has a fireplace and a bay of windows facing the street, and the large en suite bathroom has heated marble floors and a claw-foot soaking tub.
· Li Auto IPO: NIO, Tesla And Nikola Need Not Worry, For Now →
Earlier this month, the company raised almost $550 million via preferred offering, but more importantly, given the history of the founding team in generating winners for the public investors, the company shouldn’t face very many challenges in terms of fund-raising.
· Give Your Portfolio A Tune-Up With Standard Motor Products →
While the aftermarket auto repair industry will certainly face challenges in the short term, we expect the demand for these products will rebound strongly as the economy recovers.
· The Fed Is Trapped In QE As Interest Rates Can't Rise Ever Again →
However, if the goals of full employment and economic growth quickly come to fruition, the Fed will face an “inflationary surge.”
· IT services sector's revenues may contract up to 3 pc in FY21: Report →
There would be some issues which may come up due to the travel restrictions which are being imposed, it said.Explaining that usually, movement of labour to client-end is essential in the initial days of the travel, it said new projects to be commissioned will be delayed by minimum of 3-6 months while projects in pipeline will also face delays.