“Fair” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Weirdly, Intu Might Be Saved By The Lockdown →
Given that the equity value achievable is now well below the outstanding debt - OK, that's an assumption I'm making but I think it fair - then the impulse to insist upon those covenants rather goes away.
· Breakouts Mostly Averted, So Far →
If the proposition that the tensions between the two will remain heightened in the political cycle is fair, then investors can respond by being more cautious, or they become less sensitive to it, within bounds.
· Twitter's trending section is an extra hellish minefield during the pandemic →
And, to be fair, Twitter did add a tab for following COVID-19 news inside of trending topics, which I guess is nice for folks not tied to the news like yours truly.
The New York Times
· Gallery Sues Landlord, Claiming Covid-19 Shutdown Voids Lease →
Over the last few months, galleries have joined museums and art fairs in exploring creative ways to exhibit works online.
· Brookline Bancorp: A Safe Haven In Unstable Times →
However, the leadership at Brookline Bancorp gave a clear impression during that earnings call that management has already been very conservative in its estimates, and there is a fair possibility that future losses can effectively be absorbed by that PCL cushion.
· Sorry is the hardest word for Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson – and it means the public will lose further trust in politicians →
It costs lives when reputations matter more than doing what is right, fair and safe.
· Hercules Capital's 11.8% Yield: Despite Price Plunge, Less COVID Susceptibility →
As of 31st March 2020, the company had a total investment portfolio of $2.3 billion at fair value spread across over 100 companies.
· Hurry Up And Wait For Berkshire Hathaway →
However, if you're adding, and the price is fair, or there's even a discount, then it's nice little gift.
· Tracking Prem Watsa's Fairfax Financial Holdings Portfolio - Q1 2020 Update →
It has a huge position in CPI linked derivative contracts ($87.4B notional amount, $54.6M fair value, 2.9 years average maturity) designed to protect against global deflation.
· Surprising Resilience In Salmon Changes The Narrative From Austevoll To Leroy →
Based on Lerøy TTM data, and using target multiple analysis model, a much higher multiple could be justified for Lerøy for a fair value implied return.