“Fair” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Mental health, job opportunities among issues raised by youths in engagement sessions →
“You're not going to have in-person job fairs and networking sessions, so it's all the more important to provide that assurance to young people,” she explained.
· When is art effective as propaganda? →
The 20th century's greatest work of counter-propaganda was Pablo Picasso's mural-sized Guernica, made for the Spanish pavilion at the 1937 Paris World's Fair.
· Trip.com Group Ltd (TCOM) CEO Jane Sun on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Other expenses for the first quarter of 2020 was RMB3.8 billion, mainly related to fair value changes of equity security investments and impairment of certain long-term investments due to the COVID-19.
The Japan Times
· Top League welcomes influx of talent from northern hemisphere →
Because with just six rounds of top level domestic rugby in two calendar years, it's fair to say Japanese rugby fans — not to mention the players and coaches — are chomping at the bit.
· Aritzia Inc's (ATZAF) CEO Brian Hill on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
But if they’re actually out and in the stores, it means that the confidence in areas that are fairing a little bit better and my sense is, that they’re going to be at shell [ph] buying those kinds of clothing.
· TV tonight: Muhammad Ali's talk show take downs →
This week, Alison Hammond checks how reliable Trustpilot is and Mark Silcox tests bags for life, while Lycett investigates a paintballing company that doesn’t seem to be playing fair.
The New York Times
· Inclusion of Transgender Student Athletes Violates Title IX, Trump Administration Says →
Christiana Holcomb, the group’s legal counsel, said the agency had clarified that allowing transgender girls to compete as girls “isn’t fair, destroys girls’ athletic opportunities, and clearly violates federal law.”
· General Electric (GE) Presents at Bernstein 36th Annual Strategic Decisions Virtual Conference (Transcript) →
Yeah, you know, I understand the question and I think it's a good and fair question as we think about value creation over time.
· Golar LNG's (GLNG) CEO Iain Ross on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
So it is fair to say, those three groups of refinancings are important.
· Remark Holdings, Inc. (MARK) CEO Kai-Shing Tao on Q4 2019 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
In the K, okay that is fair one.