· UN-backed Libyan forces oust renegade general from Tripoli →
The extent of Haftar’s retreat may depend on the point at which newly arrived Russian fighter jets intervene to shore up his lines of defence.
· Libya’s unity government claims full control of capital, Tripoli →
Footage of GNA troops manning positions held until recently by Haftar's fighters was widely circulated on Libyan television channels and social media.
· Joanna Jedrzejczyk lifts lid on her injury hell against Zhang Weili: ‘I looked like a zombie’ →
The Polish fighter sustained an enormous haematoma on her face in her brutal defeat by Zhang Weili
· Thousands flee Niger refugee camp after attack →
About 50 fighters on motorbikes killed three local leaders, abducted a guard, destroyed communication antennas, and sabotaged the water supply in a coordinated attack on Monday at the Intikane site near the Malian border.
· Tom Jones's 20 greatest songs – ranked! →
But best of all was this sombre, southern soul rereading of a Bruce Springsteen ballad about a veteran fighter.
· S. Korean military to conduct postponed maritime combined arms drill next week →
In addition, the Navy is expected to launch its Harpoon anti-ship missiles with the Air Force light attack fighters joining in the fray, with air-to-surface missiles.
· France cancels 2020 Bastille Day parade over coronavirus →
A year earlier, two motorcyclists from the French national gendarmerie collided during the parade and fighter jets sprayed the colours of the nation's flag in the wrong order.
· Uphill task for Taliban as COVID-19 spreads in militant bastions →
Haji Qudratullah, a resident of Helmand, said he recently saw a group of Taliban fighters film a promotional video at a neighbourhood clinic, but they never returned.
· Libya's GNA says it regained full control of the capital, Tripoli →
On Monday, the United Nations said both sides had agreed to resume ceasefire talks, warning that weapons and fighters flying into Libya in defiance of an arms embargo threatened a major new escalation.