“Finding” in the news
|hopes of finding|
Publications and example sentences
· Autism symptoms can become less severe in early childhood →
The findings, published in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, showed that not only can children’s symptom severity can change with age, but they can also improve and get better, with 28.8 per cent of the children placed into a Decreased Severity Group.
· Commentary: Expect higher levels of anxiety and depression when COVID-19 restrictions lift →
Our findings show adverse events can affect mental health and well-being in unanticipated and mixed ways.
· Warning on use of fracking chemicals in Queensland's channel country →
As part of its review, the state commissioned an environmental report but ultimately buried its findings and released a framework that critics say favours the gas industry.
· UK government hails 'sporting recovery' as live events get go-ahead →
In a boost for the sporting landscape, it was then announced that there have been no positive findings from the latest round of coronavirus testing carried out in the Premier League.
· Why is coronavirus killing BAME Britons? →
Under growing political pressure, the British government and National Health Service have launched a public health inquiry with initial findings due at the end of May.
· For a Moment of Taste: It's vegan evangelism, targeted at consumers →
Two chapters, The unsustainability of eating animals and The price we pay, marshal in such research findings that, of course, have been reported extensively before, but Joshipura arranges the isolates to drive home the point.
The New York Times
· The Case Against Riots →
Back then, the center-left writer Jonathan Chait cited Wasow’s findings in an essay accusing the pro-riot radicals of being politically delusional: “The physical damage inflicted upon poor urban neighborhoods by rioting,” he wrote, “does not have the compensating virtue of easing the way for more progressive policies; instead, it compounds the damage by promoting a regressive backlash.”
· ICMR asks states to do sero-survey in high-risk populations to assess exposure to COVID-19 →
“The findings could be released by next week end,” he said.
· Could nearly half of those with Covid-19 have no idea they are infected? →
Since January, the race has been on to try and identify just how many asymptomatic cases are out there, with varying findings.