“Fine” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· John Poole obituary →
Under his leadership they earned a reputation as one of the world’s finest professional choirs.
· Foootball: Europa League draw leaves open potential Man Utd-Wolves semi-final →
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's United, who have been in fine form since the Premier League season resumed last month, are effectively already through to the last eight having won 5-0 away to Austrian side LASK in the first leg.
· Tammy Abraham activates one-year Chelsea contract extension →
He has seen the club hand Hudson-Odoi a deal worth £120,000 a week and James around £100,000 a week and believes he deserves similar financial rewards after a fine campaign under Frank Lampard.
· Phillip Schofield becomes emotional as he announces break from This Morning →
The pair also took part in a budget ‘fine wine’ tasting segment.
· Sporting Nation: Stephen Hendry - the making of a winning machine →
I didn't like walking into the place, I didn't like the surroundings or the atmosphere but once I got to the table it was fine.
· Nicola Sturgeon briefing branded a 'power trip' in furious backlash against SNP leader →
It is now compulsory to wear a face covering in Scotland in shops and on public transport and Ms Sturgeon said police can issue fines to those who do not follow this law.
· Comedians like me are having to resort to drive-in comedy shows because we're not considered vital to the arts →
And let me tell you something else, some of this country’s finest comedians are the ones you might never have heard off.
· Dawn Wacek: How Can Libraries Be A Path Toward Inclusivity And Forgiveness? →
Are overdue library book fines necessary?
· 6 WWE Booking Decisions That Backfired in 2020 →
At least then, two of NXT's finest would not have lost their shine.