“Firearm” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Vista Outdoor: Drifting Around →
Vista sold its Savage Arms and Stevens firearms business at the time in a $170 million deal, with activities being sold six years after which they were acquired by the company.
· Queensland man critical after shooting →
Police said the occupant grabbed a firearm from inside the home before shooting one man in the stomach.
· Black transgender man fatally shot by Florida police →
McDade was released from prison in January after serving 10 years on federal charges of possessing firearms following felony convictions.
· Breonna Taylor’s mother calls for end to violence after seven are shot in protest →
Police say the shots fired at the protest overnight came from within the crowd and that no officers discharged their firearms.
· Minnesota Gov. Walz vows to restore order to Twin Cities rocked by protests, which have at times turned violent →
Her boyfriend, who had license to possess firearms, called 911 and opened fire on who he believed were intruders.
The China Post
· New USAID adviser sparks furor over past anti-Islam comments →
Lloyd shared a post calling Islam “a barbaric cult” that year, The Associated Press reported at the time, and shared a meme — days after a mass shooting in Orlando by a Muslim pledging allegiance to the Islamic State — saying people should be forced to eat bacon before they can purchase firearms.
· Police union defends use of lethal force in Monash Freeway shooting →
Police first fired non-lethal bullets - known as a bean bag round - as the man approached officers, and then shot him in the chest with a semi-automatic firearm.
Hong Kong Free Press
· Letter to Hong Kong from Carrie Lam →
Violence by rioters has escalated, with illegal firearms and explosives posing a terrorist threat.
· Police in Ireland arrest four armed Brazilians over alleged drug feud →
“Four males are currently detained under section 30 Offences Against the State Act and a number of firearms have been recovered,” Ireland’s police force, the Garda Síochána, said in a statement.
· George Floyd death: Tweet showing difference between Michigan and Minneapolis protests goes viral →
The photo of the Michigan protester went viral earlier this month when anti-lockdown campaigners descending on statehouses in Virginia, Michigan and Washington state with firearms to demand governors relax stay-at-home orders.