“First” in the news
|became the first|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Joe Kindred’s Recipe for Charred Squid With Ajo Blanco and Cilantro Pistou →
This recipe, Mr. Kindred’s first Slow Food Fast contribution, nails his signature mix of cozy and cosmopolitan.
· Elvis Presley documentary release date: When is Elvis: That's the Way It Is in cinemas? →
Now, a film which was first aired 50 years ago is being shown on the big screen once again for mega fans to enjoy.
· Nolan sisters’ fear: Anne’s confession of terror about cancer diagnosis →
She told the Daily Star on Sunday: “When I found out about Linda my first thought was about her.
· 'Made me want to cry' Sturgeon's desperate plea as Scotland hit by several COVID clusters →
During her daily coronavirus press conference Scotland's First Minister stated that some younger people are gathering with little to no social distancing in place.
· Dogs blow chances against Port to leave top-eight place in peril →
The Dogs dominated much of the first half against the ladder-leading Port Adelaide but were empty-handed when they got to the checkout, allowing the Power to swoop in and snag the remaining packet of biscuits.
· Rising real lending rate roiling RBI rate cuts, scuppering credit offtake and growth, says BofA report →
According to them, “loan flow is a whopping 106 per cent lower than last year, since the first lockdown was lifted in Mid-May” and both low credit demand and high real lending rates are constraining the recovery.
· Chinese internet users brand ByteDance CEO a ‘traitor’ as TikTok seeks US buyer →
Although the backlash will have a chilling effect on Chinese companies expanding to the US, and potentially other Western markets, there simply aren’t many internet companies going from China to the West in the first place.
· Cambria Tail Risk ETF: Hard To Justify →
First, let's understand what TAIL is.
· Line of Duty season 6: Has star revealed Kate Fleming is H? →
This will mark Line of Duty's premiere on BBC One after the drama started off life on BBC Two when it first aired back in 2012.
· How to Evaluate COVID-19 News without Freaking Out →
The first thing to recognize [is that] because the science changes, the advice that you get from health professionals changes over time as well.