|attempted to flee||逃げようとした|
|flee the country||国から逃げる|
|forced to flee||強制的に逃げる|
|managed to flee||逃げることができた|
|tried to flee||逃げようとした|
· Greenbelt police investigating fatal shooting →
A possible suspect was seen fleeing the scene, police said, but no arrests have been made.
· Emmerdale spoilers: Amelia Spencer 'breaks down' after Kerry Wyatt's shock exit →
In the aftermath of the accident on the ITV soap, Kerry Wyatt (Laura Norton) stepped in to help Amelia Spencer (Daisy Campbell) but how will the teenager cope now that Kerry's fled the village?
The New York Times
· Ghislaine Maxwell Tried to Hide When F.B.I. Knocked, Prosecutors Say →
On the day of her arrest, Ms. Maxwell, a longtime companion of Jeffrey Epstein, refused to answer the door and fled to another room, according to a new court filing.
· Ghislaine Maxwell had a cellphone wrapped in tin foil 'to evade detection' →
Through a window, the agents spotted Maxwell trying to flee.
· Ghislaine Maxwell tried to 'evade detection' by wrapping cell phone in metal foil, say prosecutors →
They also alleged that Ms Maxwell ignored FBI agents’ directions to open a locked gate when they arrived at her New Hampshire property on 2 July, and that they saw her “instead, try to flee to another room in the house, quickly shutting a door behind her.”
· War of the Worlds: the pioneering work of science fiction inspired by Australian brutality →
“Any idea why they want to kill us?” asks one of the TV characters, as they flee for their lives.
· Two men to stand trial in France for killing of Jewish woman, 85 →
She had escaped the mass deportation of Jews from France during second world war by fleeing abroad.
· Former federal prosecutor says Ghislaine Maxwell could be bailed because of coronavirus →
In the bail request Maxwell’s lawyers proposed a bond of $5m (£4m) alongside home detention with electronic monitoring, and argued that she is not a flight risk, as she did not flee the country after Epstein was arrested.
· South Korean detained after third Hong Kong COVID-19 lockdown escape →
He then fled the hospital that night before being recaptured early Monday.
· Apple allocates its first $400M from $2.5B commitment to address California's housing crisis →
The additional funds toward affordable housing arrive at a time when some of the Bay Area’s wealthier residents and tech employees are fleeing the city, amid the coronavirus pandemic and its related impacts, such as layoffs.