“Flight” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· NTSB Calls for Cockpit-Video Recorders in Helicopters, Faulting FAA →
The agency added that over the past two decades, the rate of fatal U.S. chopper accidents has been cut in half, down to slightly more than one event in 200,000 flights.
· Coronavirus impact to push Carnival and easyJet out of FTSE 100 →
The budget airline has lost half of its market value since the start of the pandemic as almost all flights have been cancelled, and the aviation industry warns it will take years to convince people to take to the skies in the same numbers they did before the virus struck.
The New York Times
· U.S. Returns Iran Scientist in Possible Precursor to Prisoner Exchange →
American officials tried to send him back to Iran in March, flying him around the United States nine times in an attempt to put him on a flight with connections to Iran, but the pandemic lockdowns canceled almost all international air travel.
· Apocalypse now: Perth CBD's high-end precincts gasp for life as Phase 2 ends →
Flight Centre has failed to take off post-pandemic.
· U.N. agency recommends health guidelines for airlines →
Temperature checks should also be taken on a flight's arrival, according to the recommendations.
· Jack Grealish: 'I am a footballer but I'm still human. We all make mistakes' →
He has been the one consistent bright spot in their form this season, seamlessly transferring his Championship-dominating form to the top flight to contribute a tally of seven goals and six assists so far.
· Jürgen Klopp told Liverpool players to wear masks and gloves when outside →
Premier League clubs have reportedly been given the go-ahead to arrange friendlies ahead of the season’s return later this month as the top flight’s Project Restart continues to progress.
· US FAA chief to testify at Senate hearing on Boeing 737 MAX →
Reuters has reported the FAA is not expected to grant approval to allow the MAX to resume flights until August at the earliest.
· American Airlines: Hope Is Not A Strategy →
It plans to bring flight levels back to 2019 levels (roughly speaking) by November: far in advance of a full demand recovery.