|flash flood||Su baskını|
|flood control||Akış kontrol|
|flood damage||Sel hasarı|
|flood plain||Taşkın ovası|
|flood waters||Taşkın suları|
Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
· Parks packed, terraces open as Madrid and Barcelona celebrate easing →
Hundreds of Madrid residents flooded to the city's parks as lockdown measures were finally eased in the Spanish capital and in Barcelona, while beaches reopened in parts of the country after months-long closures.
The Japan Times
· Japan cautiously lifts last of virus emergency controls →
On Monday morning, commuters flooded train stations, but a majority of them were wearing face masks.
The New York Times
· Wealthiest Hospitals Got Billions in Bailout for Struggling Health Providers →
Angela Kiska, a Cleveland Clinic spokeswoman, said the federal grants had “helped to partially offset the significant losses in operating revenue due to Covid-19, while we continue to provide care to patients in our communities.” The Cleveland Clinic sent caregivers to hospitals in Detroit and New York as they were flooded with coronavirus patients, she added.
· Nine appeals $3.6m Queensland flood defamation case →
A wealthy Queensland family defamed in a Nine Network report about the fatal Grantham floods in 2011 were doubly compensated when a court awarded them $3.6 million in damages, a lawyer says.
· 'Act now': AMA urges health education to combat 'growing' anti-vaxxer movement →
The AMA warning comes as vaccination opponents flood senior government ministers with unprecedented levels of correspondence, and other experts fear a new wave of sceptics anxious about a potential vaccine are reinvigorating the movement.
The China Post
· Severe storm lashes vast expanse of west Australian coast →
The rain and 8-meter (26-foot) waves caused flooding along the coast and eroded beaches, Bennett said.
· There's a fighter jet on the pavement! Wonders of the Soviet roadside revolution →
They look like flotsam stranded after a flood, or the result of a student prank, the vehicles jacked up into unlikely spots from where they will never be retrieved.
· Rose McGowan says she used ‘tactics’ of predators to make media pay attention to Weinstein allegations →
I started disseminating my tweets and my information to them, and they look at who’s verified that’s following them, and so just stuff I say would end up flooding worldwide news.”
· Western Australia storm: 50,000 homes without power as state battered by wild weather →
While large sections of the state’s coastline were hit over the weekend, the south of the state was set to bear the brunt of the storms on Monday, with strong winds, heavy rain and potential flooding.
· Dominic Cummings: Conservatives MPs from 'blue wall' seats tell Boris Johnson to launch inquiry →
Tory MPs also complained they were facing a flood of angry emails from constituents, a significant proportion of them Tory party members, over the controversy.