“Foil” in the news
|team foil event|
Publications and example sentences
· Doosan Solus receives incentives from Hungary over investment →
SEOUL, May 25 (Yonhap) -- Doosan Solus Co., a South Korean copper foil maker, has obtained incentives worth about 34 billion won(US$27.4 million) from the Hungarian government over its investment there, its parent Doosan Corp. said Monday.
The Japan Times
· World Masters Games athletes get physical online during shutdowns →
Saori Sakoda, a member of Japan's bronze-winning women's volleyball team at the 2012 London Olympics, demonstrated how to improve one's concentration by juggling small paper and aluminum foil balls.
· Can the Afghan army face up to challenge of Taliban →
Last year saw ANSDF launch nearly 3,000 operations and conduct more than 400 air assaults to foil the Taliban initiated attacks.
The New York Times
· How to Share Food Safely During the Pandemic →
Wrap foods in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or in a washable, reusable container.
The Wall Street Journal
· Dealing With the Coronavirus →
Then, the pandemic foiled their plan.
· ‘Making The Shining was hell’: How tormented stars, Kubrick’s temper and box-office disaster led to an immortal horror →
She is the foil to Nicholson’s mad man.