“Footage” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· George Floyd protests: Man charged after Australian reporter ‘assaulted’ live on air in London →
Footage shows Nine News correspondent Ben Avery and his team being confronted by a crowd of around 20 protesters near Downing Street on Wednesday evening.
· How to secure your phone before attending a protest →
You can then use that to create separate social media accounts for protest or demonstration photos and footage.
· Libya’s unity government claims full control of capital, Tripoli →
Footage of GNA troops manning positions held until recently by Haftar's fighters was widely circulated on Libyan television channels and social media.
· ‘We’ll blow you out the f***** water’: Police appeal for information after racist taxi passenger video goes viral →
Police have launched an investigation after footage showing a taxi driver being subjected to racial abuse was shared widely online.
· India vows probe after pregnant elephant killed with explosives →
Footage of the animal standing in a river for hours with its badly injured mouth and trunk in the water as it slowly weakened went viral, triggering horror and even calls for the culprits to be executed.
· ‘Near impunity’ for drug war killings in Philippines, UN report says →
Three police officers were convicted after CCTV footage stirred public outrage, it said.
The New York Times
· ‘Parkland Rising’ Review: A Close-Up on Activism After a Tragedy →
To build her profiles, McDonough alternates between original studio interviews and at-home footage of her subjects in Parkland as they plan and carry out protests.
· Go read this profile of Unicorn Riot, an indispensable witness to current protests →
It’s impossible to properly understand the protests happening across America right now — either their original cause or their current character — without watching on-the-ground footage being shared by ordinary citizens and new media outfits.
· Three white men to face Georgia judge in death of black jogger →
Bryan's video footage appears to show the McMichaels confronting Arbery before Arbery was shot with a shotgun.