“Footage” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Tracy Grimshaw: 'I get very involved. It's part of my nature' →
She was spooked by the footage of people lining up outside Centrelink, “people who would never have even known where their local Centrelink office was [before the crisis]”.
· MAXI J1820+070: Black Hole Outburst Caught on Video →
The new footage of this black hole’s behavior is based on four observations obtained with Chandra in November 2018 and February, May, and June of 2019, and reported in a paper led by Mathilde Espinasse of the Université de Paris.
· Police officer ‘fires pepper balls at journalist’ as George Floyd protests spread across US →
Footage from the broadcast showed a police officer aiming his pepper ball gun in the direction of the reporter and her crew and firing the pepper balls at them.
The China Post
· Before Floyd death, activists saw progress on police reforms →
Floyd’s death and footage of the officer pressing a knee into his neck for several minutes have unleashed protests and violent clashes with law enforcement — exposing simmering frustration and the fact that there’s much work still ahead, several advocates and leaders told The Associated Press.
· Rose Byrne: ‘You understand why feminists are furious – we’re still talking about this?’ →
In preparing her role as Steinem, she researched widely, “reading, looking at footage, discussing with Dahvi what to bring to light”.
· Beyoncé says she feels 'broken and disgusted' by George Floyd's death in powerful video →
In footage of the incident, Floyd can be heard pleading for his life, saying: “I can’t breathe.”
· 'Dominic Raab must resign or be sacked': Harry Dunn's parents on their long fight for justice →
Footage emerges on ITV News At 10 of Raab meeting US ambassador Woody Johnson at an embassy reception on 12 September, three days before Sacoolas left the country.
· NBA star Stephen Jackson ‘won’t allow police to assail character’ of friend George Floyd →
The cellphone footage showed Floyd repeatedly moaning and gasping while he pleaded to Chauvin, kneeling on his neck, “Please, I can’t breathe.” After several minutes, Floyd gradually grows quiet and ceases to move.
· George Floyd protests: US teenage tennis star Coco Gauff asks ‘Am I next?’ →
Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin has been charged with the murder of the 46-year-old after footage of the white officer kneeling on Floyd's neck prompted a wave of protests