“From” in the news
|away from home|
|graduating from high|
|released from prison|
|reviews from critics|
|reviews from music|
Publications and example sentences
· OPINION: Roger Goodell, NFL possesses only one path back from botching anthem protests →
As meaningful as Goodell's apology is, similar to the one from New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, it came not truly from his own volition.
· Trump nixes golf club visit over potential for 'bad optics' amid nationwide protests →
The original idea was to travel from Maine — where he visited a plant manufacturing coronavirus testing supplies — to New Jersey on Friday and spend it as “working weekend,” but the president ultimately agreed with his advisers that the plan could be problematic as thousands of demonstrators descended on the White House on Saturday for another day to protest the killing of George Floyd in police custody, the people familiar with Trump's choice said.
The New York Times
· Has ‘America First’ Become ‘Trump First’? Germans Wonder. →
One week after Chancellor Angela Merkel told President Trump she would not attend the Group of 7 meeting he wanted to host, he decided to withdraw 9,500 troops from her country.
· Without Nick Swisher's Departure, the Yankees Wouldn't Have Drafted Aaron Judge →
It didn't take long for the slugging outfielder from Fresno State to prove his worth within the Yankees organization.
· Steelers' James Conner Posts Video Surprising Father with New Car →
The Erie, Pennsylvania, native has amassed 2,185 yards from scrimmage and 20 touchdowns in 23 games since.
· Pompeo offers US help in cleaning huge Russian oil spill →
The spill -- deemed the worst ecological catastrophe of the sort to ever hit the region -- colored remote tundra waterways with bright red patches visible from space.
· Al-Qaeda North Africa chief killed: What next for the region? →
The remote desert valley, some 20 kilometres from the Algerian border, is often used as a watering hole for animals.
· Black boxes of downed Ukrainian plane of ‘no help’, Iran claims →
Flight 752, an Ukraine International Airlines jetliner, was struck by a missile and crashed shortly after taking off from the Tehran airport on 8 January.
· Javon McKinley Gets Final Chance To Shine →
McKinley certainly has the tools to make this kind of play on a regular basis, assuming he can stay on the field from a health standpoint.
· Minneapolis businesswoman stands with protesters, even after her store burned down →
“This hurts, but watching him lose his life like that, it hurts more, it hurts more than losing my business,” Moore, who is African American, said from outside the destroyed property.