“Function” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Homeowner handouts are not the best form of stimulus spending →
It is time to put some of that back, or the Arts Council's main function for the next little while will be overseeing bankruptcies, not arts.
· Cassava Sciences rallies on hopes for Alzheimer's candiate PTI-125 →
A highly toxic form of the protein is present in the brains of AD sufferers which disrupts the normal function of neurons, leading to neurodegeneration and brain inflammation.
· Logistics startup Shiprocket elevates CBO Akshay Ghulati as co-founder →
At Shiprocket, Ghulati spearheads the overall business function including strategy, marketing and customer.
· All the President’s Words →
Under the government’s three-branch structure, interpretation of the law is a function usually attributed to the courts.
· Paging Dr. Hamblin: Does Vitamin D Help Fight COVID-19? →
Immune health is a function of age, chronic disease, nutrition, stress levels, wealth, and status.
· Obesity and coronavirus: how can a higher BMI increase your risk? →
“Even someone who is maybe a couple of stone overweight will have a degree of impairment of the body function and the degree of impairment of the resilience of their body.
· George Floyd protests: Red Cross medical helicopters used to target demonstrators in possible breach of Geneva Convention →
“The symbolic significance of the Red Cross is pervasive: It denotes a 'noncombatant' function of the armed forces.”
· Energy Transfer Debt, Leverage, Downgrade, And Distributions →
Typically, these ratios look at debt as a function of EBITDA.
The Japan Times
· Don’t only bet on fast vaccines, root for COVID-19 treatments →
It would take additional trials to confirm, but this category has particular value as a bridge because it can function as both treatment and temporary protection.
· Salesforce: I Saw It Coming, And It's Still A Buy →
That is, its offering is highly adaptable and can serve numerous functions for innumerable businesses.