“Gain” in the news
|failed to gain|
|order to gain|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· EU crisis: Yanis Varoufakis in 'death knell' warning after appointment of Eurogroup chief →
Ireland has three corporate tax rates: 12.5 percent on trading income, 25 percent for investment income and a 33 percent rate for capital gains.
· Lipper U.S. Weekly FundFlows Insight Report: Funds Take In Net New Money Paced By Taxable Bond Funds →
Equity indices finished up for the fund-flows trading week as the Nasdaq Composite Index, S&P 500 Index, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 3.3%, 1.7%, and 1.3%, respectively.
· Best of cartoons, July 11, 2020 →
Illustration: Dionne Gain
· Kelly Brook: Secret behind model's curves exposed amid star's lockdown bikini shot at 40 →
The star gained international acclaim as a model in the UK and the US after first appearing in adverts and then as a glamour model.
· Views on recovery are impacting the debate over extending unemployment benefits →
President Trump, pointing to a net gain of 2.5 million jobs in May and 4.8 million in June, has called the economy a “rocket ship” and his advisers are touting a “V-shaped recovery” in which workers will be able to rapidly return to their jobs as the economy re-opens.
· Wall Street Breakfast: Return Of The Stay-At-Home Trade →
The tech-heavy Nasdaq on Thursday closed at a new all-time high led by gains from Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), while the Dow and S&P 500 closed lower on disappointing earnings from Walgreens (NASDAQ:WBA).
· The best recent science fiction, fantasy and horror →
In August 1965, the Spontaneous Anthropomorphising Event took place: rabbits, foxes, weasels and other animals were transformed overnight, gaining size and intelligence.
· Monthly-Paying REIT Mojo →
But it does mean you have the potential for outsized gains in the long run…
· Where the Dow Will Be Trading in 2060 →
The Dow Jones Industrial Average in 2060 will be trading at 767,702 -- if its gains over the next 40 years are as good as they were over the past 40.
· A covid-19 silver lining in Maryland: Better roads →
Such work had initially been limited to nights, but the daytime closures helped us gain precious time and make significant progress.