“Gain” in the news
|failed to gain|
|order to gain|
Publications and example sentences
· US70¢ in sight as Aussie dollar hits four-month high →
The Australian dollar could be set for further gains after touching its highest levels since the coronavirus crisis erupted, with analysts tipping renewed global investor confidence to drive further weakness in the US greenback.
· Adele says ‘racism is everywhere’ in rare social media post after George Floyd’s death →
“Protests and marches are happening all over the globe simultaneously and only gaining momentum.
· (LEAD) Seoul stocks up for 3rd day on recovery hopes →
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics gained 0.39 percent to 51,400 won, while No.
· European shares near three-month high; Lufthansa lifts Germany →
With traders in Germany returning from a long weekend, Volkswagen, Daimler and BMW gained between 4.5 per cent and 7.7 per cent on a Reuters report on Sunday that the country’s Ministry of Economics had proposed a €5 billion buyer bonus scheme to boost car sales.
· Perion Network: Balancing Offense And Defense →
Click here to gain access and try the Lead-Lag Report FREE for 14 days.
The China Post
· Asian shares gain on hopes for regional economies reopening →
Japan’s Nikkei 225 rose 1.2% to finish at 22,325.61, and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng gained 0.8% to 23,912.07.
· UK house prices fall at fastest rate since 2009 amid coronavirus crisis →
This comes after April’s 0.9% gain and is the the biggest monthly fall since February 2009.
· Tokyo’s Nikkei closes up more than 1pc →
TOKYO, June 2 — Tokyo’s benchmark Nikkei index gained more than one per cent today with investors encouraged by US rallies and the re-opening of Japan’s economy following recent declines in coronavirus infections.