“Garlic” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Joe Kindred’s Recipe for Charred Squid With Ajo Blanco and Cilantro Pistou →
Make pistou: In a clean blender or food processor, pulse cilantro, coriander, ¼ cup olive oil, remaining salt and garlic until consistency is uniform but still slightly chunk
· Thomasina Miers' recipe for roast mushroom and sweet potato salad with balsamic onions →
2 large sweet potatoes (about 500g)3 garlic cloves, peeled2 tsp smoked paprika (I use 1 tsp each of sweet and spicy), or ancho chilli flakesFlaky salt1 handful thyme, leaves only150ml extra-virgin olive oil400g mixed mushrooms, cut into bite-sized pieces2 large handfuls mixed salad leaves (I like baby gem and rocket), to serveJuice of ½ lemon80g goat’s cheese
· Rachel Roddy's recipe for aubergine with tomatoes →
Serves 41-1.2 kg auberginesOlive oil2 garlic cloves400g cherry tomatoes, quarteredSalt1 tbsp capers1 small handful basil
The New York Times
· Trump Doesn’t Like What He Sees in the Crystal Ball →
Grace is to Trump what garlic is to vampires.
· Aldi hacks: Mum shares shopping hack after saving £48 on her weekly food shop →
The mum shared a photo of all of her bargains which included a pizza, gammon steaks, garlic bread, ham, pork stir fry as well as some chicken strips and Warburtons crumpets.
The New York Times
· What to Cook This Week →
I like that dish with rice and greens sautéed with plenty of garlic and ginger.
· Beat the heat with this quick-cooking skillet of garlicky beans, broccoli and pesto →
The dish is basically a quick-cooking skillet of beans, broccoli, zucchini and cherry tomatoes, amped up with lots of garlic and bound in a cheeseless pesto sauce and a smidgen of yogurt.
· Street Urchin, Manchester: ‘A place where good things happen’ – restaurant review →
The short menu will include shellfish bisque and baked lobster with garlic butter and chips (lescargot.co.uk)
· Ribbons of desire: This pappardelle is sheer pleasure →
garlic, onions, shallots) and some base of a sauce (e.g.
· The green plate: There’s a renewed thrust on plant-based diets and meat alternatives across the globe today →
“I suggest increasing intake of foods packed with carotenoids like ginger, garlic, turmeric and carrots.