· How The Non-Profit Fashion Concept Ni En More is Helping Women Escape Violence in Juarez, Mexico →
“Our garments are conceived in order to create awareness, fairness, and hope.
· Up close with the fresh new spacesuits astronauts will soon wear in orbit for the first time →
These custom-fitted garments are meant to provide protection against the dangers of launch, including brief periods of vacuum or high heat, but not outer space.
The New York Times
· Elon Musk’s SpaceX Suit Is Like a Tuxedo for the Starship Enterprise →
They also fulfill the myriad and demanding technical requirements of what is an entirely functional garment.
· India initiates anti-dumping probe into imports of polyester yarn from 4 countries →
India has initiated a probe into alleged dumping of polyester yarn, used in the garment industry, from China, Indonesia, Nepal and Vietnam, a move aimed at guarding domestic players from cheap inbound shipments.
· Coronavirus: Clothes touched by customers may need to be ‘quarantined’ as scientists say they don’t know how long virus can survive on fabrics →
“But people are now suggesting if you try on a garment and you don’t want it, that garment should be put into quarantine for several days before it’s then being put back onto the shelves.”
The New York Times
· How to Turn Vegetables Into a Tie-Dye Pattern →
She has been using tie-dye in her collections since 2018, sometimes with three to six different techniques in one garment, elevating the summer camp pastime into an artisanal practice.
· Fast fashion: Pakistan garment workers fight for rights amid Covid-19 crisis →
Police in Karachi last week allegedly shot at hundreds of unarmed garment workers protesting outside a factory supplying denim for global fashion brands.
· Five Global Retailers Share What’s Selling Online From Sweatpants to Wedding Dresses →
Both are about as sparkly as a garment or accessory could be—proving that luxury shoppers are definitely embracing a happy, carefree sense of style.
· COVID-19: China's mask boom takes fabric away for nappy makers →
But with everyone from carmakers to garment factories switching to mask production to meet demand, the cost of raw materials spiked, with no quick end in sight as the pandemic continues to wreak havoc worldwide.
· The World’s First Animal Crossing Fashion Show Is Here →
This is why it’s interesting: Unlike other video games where only specific customizations can be made, Animal Crossing allows users to essentially design a garment from scratch, creating the exact hem length, flounce, or pattern on the outfit their avatar wears.