|garment industry||Hazır giyim endüstrisi|
Deyimler ve deyişler →
Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
· 'Incredible' Boohoo denying knowledge of factory allegations, says MP →
Philip Dunne, the chairman of the environmental audit committee, which questioned Boohoo co-founder Carol Kane about problems in Leicester factories in November 2018 for a report on the fast fashion industry, has disputed claims the group was not aware of potentially illegal working practices at factories making its garments.
· Asia's garment workers say virus used as cover to smash unions →
From factory floors in India to the warehouses of Cambodia, garment workers for global brands say the collapse in demand triggered by the coronavirus is being used as a cover to break their unions.
The New York Times
· Hermès Introduces Seasonless Staples for the Long Haul →
She ended up privileging (nearly all monochrome) garments that could travel between occasions, seasons and their wearer’s own subtle shifts in mood and style — fittingly, the collection is named Savoir-Faire.
· Bring fast fashion to a standstill →
A garment worn once, with care, will get no more wear than one tried on in a shop by a dozen people – some of whom may pull it off roughly on deciding that they don’t want it.
The New York Times
· For Paris Men’s Wear, the Next Stop Is California →
“I was doing all these Zoom meetings, and I didn’t have the garments I wanted,” Alessandro Sartori, the Zegna designer, said last week by phone from northern Italy.
· ‘Lockdown taught me the joy of not shopping – and recent news has confirmed how important that is’ →
Educating yourself on the garment industry is an important part of altering your shopping habits for good.
· Export, imports fall for 4th month in June, but trade turns surplus after 18 years →
Exports sectors which recorded negative growth include gems and jewellery (-50 per cent), leather (-40.5 per cent), petroleum products (-31.65 per cent), engineering goods (-7.5 per cent), ready-made garments (RMG) of all textiles (-34.84 per cent), and cashew (-27 per cent).
· What every stylish man knows about getting dressed →
Keep your wardrobe well-stocked with neutral shades – that is, garments that are white, black, beige or navy.
· ‘Anti-corona' fabrics weave in tech and textile, scientific fraternity unenthused →
To make the product more accessible, Ruby Mills and Lenzing said their fabric can be used to make not just hospital uniforms, bedsheets, PPEs and masks but also everyday wear garments, including formal clothing as well as Indian ethnic wear.
· The rare fashion brand that’s beloved by the women of Trump world and not afraid to show it →
They’re body-conscious garments that keep everything precisely where a woman would like everything to be.