The New York Times
· Step Chickens and the Rise of TikTok Cults →
“I think that in this social media generation most youths struggle with low self-esteem.
The New York Times
· Your Short Film of the Day →
Mentor, a German filmmaker, wrote in an email that “Head Up” is “a bit for adults but mainly for kids.” He said, “I wanted to tell a story about little heroes to encourage the younger generation; they are great.” The key, he said, is the empathy the goats demonstrate, “learning from each other, or helping each other,” even though they have little in common.
· Splunk (Video): Now, Cloud Is Everything (At Least On The Surface) →
This shift depresses its near-term revenue growth rates and cash flow generation.
· Elbit Systems (ESLT) CEO, Bezhalel Machlis on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Elbit Systems has been in the Israeli Defense Forces Electronic Warfare Center of Excellence for many decades and is developing the next generation of EW systems for the Israeli Air Force, Navy and ground forces.
· 48North Cannabis Corp. (NCNNF) CEO Charles Vennat on Q3 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Our low cost cultivation practices that result in consistent biomass are a critical ingredient in the development of accessible next generation cannabis products.
· Between old and new empires, Hong Kong’s fate exposes stakes in Covid-19 era →
Hasty, ill-planned exits that set the stage for crises and conflicts for future post-colonial generations have been the legacy of British colonialism.
· Fundamentals Of Leadership V - Iridium Is A Buy Due To Deleveraging And Expected Dividend Within 24 Months →
When the current CEO Matt Desch took over in 2006, the company was privately-owned following the buyout, and had little in the way of funds to pay for the next generation of satellites.
· The U.S. Is Spending Millions of Dollars Rearing Flesh-Eating Worms →
Once sufficiently engorged, the larvae drop off the wounds to pupate, emerging as a new generation of flies.
· Omidyar-backed Spero Ventures invests in Mexico City's Mati, a startup pitching ID-verification →
The rise of a new generation of fintech startup across Latin America creates a unique opportunity for Mati in a number of markets — and so does a new generation of financial services regulations, the company said.
The China Post
· US military says Russia deployed fighter jets to Libya →
We watched as Russia flew fourth generation jet fighters to Libya — every step of the way,” said U.S. Army Gen. Stephen Townsend, commander, U.S. Africa Command.