Gesture в новостях
|symbolic gesture||Символический жест|
Публикации и примеры предложений
· It's what people turn to': Lauren Laverne, Iain Dale and others on why radio is thriving in lockdown →
For Lynch, this gesture underlines the strength of community in Soho, a part of London that people don’t often think of as residential.
· When watching Brazil at the 2014 World Cup turned weird →
The patriarch gestured not to do that and barked something different at me in Portuguese.
· Out on the 'microbeats' where police hope to reclaim London's streets from gangs →
Sgt Paul Looker of the VSU gestured ahead as the station came into view.
· Japan keeps mum on S. Korea's call to lift trade curbs as deadline looms →
In December, Tokyo partially lifted curbs on exports to South Korea of photoresist in an apparent goodwill gesture ahead of their summit.
· Mediterranean sorrow as virus upends greeting rituals →
It’s gut-wrenching every time we have to stop ourselves,” student Melodie Ricaud said, adding that she now hesitates between a distant hand gesture and the Indian greeting “namaste” where both hands are brought together in front of the chest.
The New York Times
· Annexing the West Bank Is a Brazen Violation of International Law →
For a symbolic gesture that would not make the settlements any more legitimate in international law than before, but would raise the threat of violence, undermine Israel’s standing in the world, harm Israel’s tentative alliances with Arab states, and further reduce the already thin chance of a peace settlement, which remains the only way to end this terrible conflict.
· 'This means a great deal': Win just the tonic for wounded Warriors →
There was a wonderful gesture in the middle of Central Coast Stadium after full-time as the St George Illawarra players gathered in a huddle with the New Zealand Warriors and thanked them for their sacrifice.
· 'I tried to reach out': Shattered Flanagan yet to talk with mate Xerri →
Flanagan's on-field gesture for Xerri is not expected to be attempted again.
· TV tonight: the story of Ella Fitzgerald and her remarkable voice →
Meanwhile, Dylan is frustrated by a misunderstanding with Faith but, as the situation escalates, he has the opportunity to reveal his true feelings with one heroic gesture.
· Agong, Permaisuri Agong convey Kaamatan Festival greetings →
Kaamatan Festival, also known as Pesta Menuai, is celebrated by the Kadazandusun community in Sabah as a gesture of gratitude at the end of the harvest season.