“Global” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Sen. Casey tests positive for coronavirus antibodies →
The number of global coronavirus cases edged closer to 6 million on Friday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, and will likely surpass that figure over the weekend.
· Aston Martin: Dealt Great Cards Now They Need To Play The Hand Better →
This strategic move, the development of the first SUV ever in Aston history, is driven by the global success of the SUV variant and the fact that the Benley Bentayga and Porsche Cayenne are the best selling models within those luxury car brands.
The China Post
· Weinstein raped me in 1994 at age 17, woman says in lawsuit →
A former model who says Weinstein sexually assaulted her when she was 16 sued him in December under the act, saying she didn’t want to be included in a proposed global settlement that would split $25 million among various accusers because the compensation wasn’t enough and because it didn’t hold Weinstein and his enablers accountable.
· Summer game fest: how to watch this summer’s digital gaming events →
What: IGN will be hosting a “global, digital event” to “bring you the latest news and impressions around upcoming games and the next generation of console hardware.” There will be live broadcasts and on-demand programming.
· Rocket Internet SE (RCKZF) CFO Bettina Curtze Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
In April, we have reduced our stake in home24 from 11% to now 8%, our stake in Global Fashion Group remained constant that 18%.
· Covid-19 spreading too fast to lift UK lockdown – Sage adviser →
And given that yesterday saw the highest number of cases reported globally ever, global eradication doesn’t look like happening any time soon,” he said.
· Which major retail companies have filed for bankruptcy since the coronavirus pandemic hit? Here's the list. →
FoodFirst Global Holdings, the parent company of restaurant chains Bravo Cucina Italiano and Brio Tuscan Grille, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on April 10.
· China threatens ‘countermeasures’ after UK said it could offer Hong Kong residents path to British citizenship →
Chinese parliament has approved plans to move forward with sweeping new anti-sedition legislation which activists, diplomats and businesses fear will jeopardise Hong Kong’s semi-autonomous status and its role as a global financial hub.
· ReneSola Ltd (SOL) CEO Yumin Liu on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Most importantly, we have a global diversified project pipeline focused on fast-growing markets.
· COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Plays To Benefit As Economies Reopen →
Global new recoveries per day (green) may soon exceed new cases per day (orange)