“Grant” in the news
|received a grant|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Merseyside's garden village dealt blow as developers withdraw plans 'at the last minute' →
Members of the council approved the recommendation to grant planning permission with conditions, which included the applicant entering a section 106 agreement and submitting further surveys to the council.
· Govt approves RM600 special aid for school bus drivers nationwide →
He said this assistance will be granted to school bus drivers with valid driver licenses and who use registered vehicles from licensed school bus operators.
· Govt must rescue and revive mining sector to boost economic recovery; here's what needs to be done →
In doing so, the article builds on the reform initiatives outlined in the NMP, viz., incentivising exploration through seamless transmission to mining, pre-identification of ‘no-go areas’, simpler and time-bound procedures for granting permits, harmonising royalty rates with international standards, and assuring security of tenure.
· Vikas Dubey encounter: Congress demands judicial probe by sitting Supreme Court judge →
The Congress on Friday demanded a judicial probe by a sitting Supreme Court judge into the entire episode involving gangster Vikas Dubey to bring out the truth about those who had granted protection to him and the alleged political-criminal nexus in Uttar Pradesh.
· EU Council head tries to win over ‘Frugal Four’ on budget →
Under current proposals by the European Commission, the 750 billion-euro recovery fund aid would include 500 billion euros in grants and 250 billion euros in loans for EU countries.
· Views on recovery are impacting the debate over extending unemployment benefits →
Small businesses may also begin to exhaust federal loans and grants soon that were designed to keep workers on payroll, potentially setting off a new wave of layoffs.
· College Football Position U: Who Is Defense University? →
Granted, one of those was nine-time Pro Bowl linebacker and Hall of Famer Derrick Thomas.
· A therapist on what it’s like to work with patients during the pandemic →
And granted, it’s not for everything.
· 'Try telling a guy you’ve got a major disability: you’ve never seen them run so fast' →
To walk in the park without a stick is something able-bodied people take for granted.