Grounded trong tin tức
Các ấn phẩm và câu ví dụ
The China Post
· OPEC, allied nations extend nearly 10M barrel cut by a month →
Ministers of the cartel and outside nations like Russia met via video conference to adopt the measure, aimed at cutting out the excess production depressing prices as global aviation remains largely grounded due to the pandemic.
· Atlas Air Worldwide: Who Needs Passenger Aircraft? →
Rather than level off, we could see another spike in cargo rates as military spending increases as Covid levels off or passenger flights are again grounded in the event of a 2nd wave.
· Government to extend financial backing for domestic flights →
The federal government was been criticised for not stepping in to prevent Virgin Australia going into voluntary administration in April, with the airline saying the waiving of fuel taxes and landing fees were of little benefit when most of its fleet was grounded due to COVID-19.
· Poking The Inflation Monster - The Parts Of The Beast →
As demand for oil collapsed with airlines being grounded, some benchmark oil prices briefly went negative.
The New York Times
· Pentagon Ordered National Guard Helicopters’ Aggressive Response in D.C. →
The pilots of one of the helicopters have been grounded pending the outcome of the inquiry.
· Victor Osimhen: the young Nigerian on a rapid rise to the top →
Despite his new fame, wealth and coveted status, the youngster - who made his Africa Cup of Nations debut last year - has managed to stay grounded and he says he spends much of his free time reading motivational messages on social media.
The New York Times
· ‘Corporate America Has Failed Black America’ →
“The thing we should be aiming for is a new normal that’s grounded in justice — not just criminal justice, but economic justice.
· Flashback 2005: White Sox sweep Astros, win World Series →
In the top of the third, Scott Podsednik tripled to right, but Tadahito Iguchi grounded out to end the inning.
· Raiders' Travel Is Way Down in 2020 →
Only six teams in the National Football League will travel more than the Las Vegas Raiders this season, but Jon Gruden and his troops probably will feel they’ve almost been grounded compared to last year.
· Australia's record-breaking three decades of economic growth grinds into reverse →
He’s been laid off by airline Virgin Australia, which is teetering on the brink of collapse after it was grounded by government travel bans, and because the entire travel sector has been devastated by the coronavirus crisis he has so far had no luck finding a new job.