“Grow” in the news
|began to grow|
|continued to grow|
|continues to grow|
Publications and example sentences
· Progenity Begins U.S. IPO Effort →
PROG has grown markedly but has been temporarily negatively affected by the Covid19 pandemic.
The New York Times
· Falling Jobless Rate Could Imperil Aid Underpinning the Recovery →
“As Senate Republicans have made clear for weeks, future efforts must be laser-focused on helping schools reopen safely in the fall, helping American workers continue to get back on the job, and helping employers reopen and grow,” Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, said in a statement.
· Intrusion's New Product Could Be A Very Big Deal →
We sort of lost sight of the company a bit as we feared their business had reached a plateau, mainly selling into the DoD in what is a fairly laborious sales process, and they might simply not have the scale large enough to grow beyond that.
· IPO Update: 1847 Goedeker Readies IPO Plan →
Historically, the industry grew 7.6% per year from 2015 to 2020, as shown in the chart below:
The New York Times
· Trump Plans to Withdraw Some U.S. Troops From Germany, a Key NATO Ally →
Germany spent some 1.36 percent of its gross domestic product on its military in 2019, a number that has grown but is still significantly short of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s stated target of 2 percent.
· Protesters should get tested and timing is key →
Fears continue to grow over the growth of COVID-19 in Latin America, with the number of confirmed cases in Brazil passing that of Italy to make it the second worst-affected country, after the United States.
· Stephen Jackson Sends Message to Donald Trump: Do Not Speak George Floyd's Name →
Jackson has been outspoken in fighting for social justice reform and justice for Floyd, who he developed a close friendship with when the two were growing up in Texas.
· After years of silence, the ugly truth behind beauty contests in Philippines →
Rehabilitation medicine specialist Iris Carpio, from the South City Hospital and Medical Centre, has growing concerns over this.
· Coronavirus: Regional R-rates revealed for first time in England →
Coronavirus could be growing exponentially in the northwest of England, according to data revealing the regional reproduction rate for the first time.
· Aboriginal deaths in custody: 434 have died since 1991, new data shows →
On several measures, we found things had grown worse.