“Happen” in the news
|did not happen|
|going to happen|
|what will happen|
|what would happen|
Publications and example sentences
· Protests over George Floyd's death expose raw race relations worldwide →
“The system that allows police brutality to happen in Kenya is based on class.
· Protests show no sign of fading more than a week after the death of George Floyd →
But some participants are thinking about what will happen when the demonstrations fade.
· Pricing Trends Favor Micron, But There Is A Dark Cloud Looming →
It sounds like they were expecting a far more challenging environment with NAND and DRAM than what really happened.
· Paraglider dies after crashing into power line in Gloucestershire →
Western Power said it has restored power to all supplies in the area around Eastington, where the incident happened.
The New York Times
· Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today →
But it can happen.
· The Malaysian hypocrisy — Dharm Navaratnam →
All of this happens.
The New York Times
· Here’s What Led to N.Y.C.’s First Curfew in 75 Years →
There were riots in the 1960s, “but it was nowhere near what was happening in New York City now,” said Richard Ravitch, 86, a former New York State lieutenant governor.
· Big in China and tiny in the US, Fast Retailing seen weathering pandemic →
But for that to happen, Uniqlo will have gain market share in the United States, analysts say, adding that it may have to offer more stylish items to get there.
· Democratic Rep. Eliot Engel caught on hot mic amid unrest: 'If I didn't have a primary, I wouldn't care' →
“Of course I care deeply about what's happening in this country, that's what I wanted to convey.
· Western Digital Corporation (WDC) CEO David Goeckeler Presents at Bank of America 2020 Global Technology Brokers Conference (Transcript) →
So we – I think we’re in – there’s just like a whole bunch of things happening at once I guess which is a, maybe a bit of an understatement.