Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
· Coronavirus shows we must change our economy to recognise that human wealth depends on nature’s health →
Ocean heatwaves have already destroyed half of the shallow water corals on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
· Coronavirus is an ‘SOS signal for the human enterprise’ →
They said ocean heatwaves were destroying coral reefs, with devastating economic impacts on the large numbers of people that depend on them, while the felling of tropical forests is pushing them dangerously close to tipping points that would switch them to grassland, with enormous consequences for the climate crisis.
· Sunny coverage of UK heatwaves forgets risks, say climate experts →
Instead, the experts say, people should be made aware of the risks associated with increasingly hot summers, especially for vulnerable groups, and they should be helped to “join the dots” to see heatwaves and flooding in the context of the wider climate crisis.
· Al dressco: how picnic chic became the look of the summer →
The unseasonable heatwave of the past week has given us an easy ride into a summer in which it seems that what socialising we are able to do will mostly take place outdoors.
· Tents and razor wire: Cyprus struggles with migrant influx →
The Nigerian man, who asked not to be named, is now among the hundreds living in the Pournara camp in Kokkinotrimithia near the capital Nicosia, where a May heatwave saw temperatures soar to 43 degrees centigrade (109 Fahrenheit).