“Hike” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Zynga: Not Playing Along →
The company is now hiking the sales guidance by $30 million and deferred revenues by $10 million, for a $430 and $500 million guidance, respectively.
· Why The Unemployment Rate Is Higher Than Reported →
It has also increased the probability of a Federal Reserve interest rate hike from 0% to 7-8%.
· Easy-peasy veg that keep giving all summer long →
As summer unfurls and the price of fresh food is likely to hike – due to the lack of pickers – it makes sense, and brings much joy, to turn to your garden or balcony or rooftop and say, “What can we do here?” If I can offer any gentle advice to those starting out, it is to choose vegetables that let you harvest all summer long (rather than waiting until the end of July for the first ripe tomato or early September for sweetcorn); that are edible at all stages, so nothing goes to waste; that don’t mind a wet August, can shrug off slug attacks and aren’t desperate for high fertility.
· 40 deals on Father's Day gifts that are actually pretty useful and fun →
That way, he won't have to make a mess in the car or at home after a surf or hike.
The New York Times
· A Striking Disconnect on the Virus: Economic Pain With Little Illness →
“It feels a little bit strange here because the weather is nice and everyone can still go out and hike and mountain bike and do all of the naturally socially distanced activities that we love to enjoy,” said Amanda Michelsen, director of sales at the Courtyard and Residence Inn, which had furloughed about three-quarters of its 80-person staff.
· Looking to buy term insurance? Buy now or pay up to 40% more! →
If you are considering to buy a term insurance plan, you might have to hurry up a bit as, after the recent price hike in the month of April 2020, the insurance premiums are set to experience another significant increase in the months ahead.
· The summer after my husband died, I learnt to swim. I was 56 →
I was away on a long hiking trail at the time.
The China Post
· 跳島旅遊從這開始！ 來綠島探索最美秘境 | Explore Green Island for the most exciting adventure →
By taking a 10-minute hike along the trail, you will arrive at the largest sea cave on the island.
· Govt not obliged to return funds drawn from past reserves, but is committed to rebuilding them, says Singapore DPM Heng →
GST hike still needed by 2025
· Japan household spending drops 11.1% in April →
It was the seventh straight month of declines since October, when the government hiked a sales tax.