“Hike” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Australia’s coronavirus lockdown rules and restrictions explained: how far can I travel, and can I have people over? →
Victoria – From 1 June, up to 20 people can gather outside for recreational purposes, or to engage in activities like hiking, jogging and other non-contact sport.
Hong Kong Free Press
· HKFP Lens: Fasting, feasting and social distancing – Ramadan in Hong Kong during Covid-19 →
It was followed by prayers and a night hike to walk off the meal.
· The Big Read: Life after circuit breaker - retail, entertainment and leisure won’t be the same again →
Meanwhile, a massage parlour chain is hoping that customers would be understanding of the additional hassle and possible price hikes.
· Covid effect: Trai shelves plan to define tariff floors →
Further, since all the operators had increased tariffs during December by up to 50%, which has seen a jump in their average realisation per user during the January-March quarter; Trai and government may be feeling that further hikes can be done by the operators at an opportune time without the need for any regulatory support framework.
The China Post
· Dispatches from Yosemite: Alone with the bears and beauty →
Locked down amid cascading waterfalls and giant sequoias, the kids and their families have passed afternoons hiking empty trails, rafting in the river and walking with wildlife now thriving in the near absence of humans.
· Unilever: A Consumer Products Champion →
This was following a period of sizeable price hikes, which the company was annualising and management had implemented cost efficiency measures which depressed near-term margins but should realise benefits in future periods.
· What Makes The Mexican Peso Important →
Mexico can also lag the U.S. in rate hikes, which can create opportunity for Mexican peso futures trades.
· Border dwellers grapple with English and Welsh lockdown rules →
“People come to Brockweir to park and then hike into Wales.
· Water bill: Operators must follow SPAN calculation method during MCO →
Commenting on complaints of water bill hike during MCO, SPAN in a statement today said users are requested to pay their respective water bills and if they are overcharged, the correction would be recorded in the bill next month.
· Patton Oswalt/Bob Rubin review – cuddly curmudgeon finds midlife bliss →
The latter is not unusual here, both in slightly outstaying its welcome (a later routine on Louis CK does the same) and in its diverting writerly flourishes: “I’m eating cereal that tastes like an unpopular teenager’s poetry …” The loss of one’s youth is as trusty a standup subject as they come, and Oswalt wrings the first third of his set from his newfound love of hiking, the effort now required to have sex (it’s compared, eye-catchingly, to an understaffed McDonald’s), and – funniest of all – his dismay at hard-bodied fitness freaks.