“Hold” in the news
|able to hold|
|continued to hold|
|put on hold|
Publications and example sentences
· Why Latin American airlines are going belly-up? →
It may be recalled that Avianca previously filed for bankruptcy in the early 2000s, and was rescued by a deal with German Efromovich, La Paz born Brazilian businessman holding multiple nationalities (Bolivian, Brazilian, Colombian and Polish).
· SIVR Weekly: Up 50% From Its March Low And More Upside To Expect →
This means that SIVR holds physical silver bars in HSBC vaults.
· Pinterest -1% after Argus cut →
Argus lowers Pinterest (NYSE:PINS) to a Hold rating from Buy after noting the company's slowing pace of growth in the U.S.
· Sunway Bhd launches cash call to raise up to RM1.11b →
The company is planning to issue up to 1.11 billion new irredeemable convertible preference shares (ICPS) in Sunway at RM1 each based on one ICPS for every five Sunway shares held, it said in a filing with Bursa Malaysia today.
· MSMEs set new world record for largest online business lesson →
The previous record was held by a Russian gathering of 12,091 people in 2014, while a similar event earlier attended by 8,000 participants in the US.
· LivePerson Stock Is Ready To Go 'Live' →
As an example, it is estimated that LivePerson held an approximate 33% share of Apple Business Chat deployments in 2018, and that the company at least maintained that position in 2019.
· AT&T: Do Not Let The Yield Fool You →
For an established company like this to hold such huge amounts of debt and not put any real emphasis on paying it down, it limits shareholder returns drastically.
· George Floyd killing: sister says police officers should be charged with murder →
Bridget Floyd struggled to hold back tears as she spoke on Wednesday morning to the NBC Today TV show about the family’s shock and grief.
· Workplace reform will not need 'perfect' deal: government →
Mr Porter will hold a key meeting with ACTU secretary Sally McManus and others next week to discuss the objectives for five working groups made up of union officials and employers to produce their findings by September.
The Wall Street Journal
· André Leon Talley on the Time He Scandalized Paris Society →
“Prudence can hold you back.