“Host” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Matildas, Olyroos could play trans-Tasman friendlies in travel bubble →
International friendlies between Australia and New Zealand could take place as soon as a trans-Tasman travel bubble is in place - and Football Federation Australia chief executive James Johnson believes it would further underline the credentials of the joint bid to host the 2023 Women's World Cup.
· Monday briefing: 1m children will stay at home as lockdown eases →
The ubiquitous broadcaster Jeremy Vine talks to Stephen Moss about where he finds the drive to host two two-hour news programmes a day (Channel 5 and Radio 2), why he was shocked by Britain’s strict compliance with lockdown laws, and how he found the secret to being a successful broadcaster in “real and being yourself”.
· Cancelled! Cancelled! Cancelled! Stars on the shows that couldn't go on →
I host a weekly show at Club Cumming in New York’s East Village and I miss it so much.
· Jeremy Vine: 'At the BBC you can have values but you can’t have views – that's how I operate' →
On behalf of Eggheads fans, I ask him what is happening to the programme, which he has hosted since 2008 but has been missing from the schedules of late.
· 'He is a destroyer': how the George Floyd protests left Donald Trump exposed →
You don’t get Trump and Trumpism without a whole host of institutions and individuals that support and enable him.”
The Japan Times
· Australia’s stalled migrant boom derails golden economic run →
Gotcha Fresh Tea is one of a host of bubble tea franchises that has expanded rapidly in Australia, with demand fueled in large part by international students but also by growing interest for the Asian tapioca beverage from the wider community.
The Japan Times
· As protests grip U.S., Trump invokes law and order to shift focus from pandemic →
He’s also publicly sparred with MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, baselessly accusing him of murder while he was a congressman, and with Twitter after the social media company appended two of his tweets with fact-checking links.
· Stocks in focus: Adani Power, Yes Bank, Dish TV, Maruti Suzuki, among others to remain in news →
Investors will react to host to factors such as fifth phase lockdown in containment zones with many relaxations, GDP numbers where India’s economic growth fell to a 17-yr low of 3.1% in Q4FY20 and April core sector data.
· Australia’s coronavirus lockdown rules and restrictions explained: how far can I travel, and can I have people over? →
ACT – Up to 10 people are allowed to gather at home in the ACT, including children and those living in the hosting household.
· Degenek helps Red Star seal Serbian title →
Barcelona will recommence their bid to defend the Spanish title on June 13 away to Real Mallorca and Real Madrid will host Eibar on June 14.